Yarns from the Plain


A podcast for knitters, crocheters and anyone else who loves playing with yarn!

Episodes can be downloaded from iTunes, directly from http://yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com or streamed using the widget below.

Sunday 17 April 2011

Episode 24: Wonderwool Wales 2011

Hello from a blooming Cheshire Plain. In this episode, come with me as I go to Wonderwool Wales! Apologies for the occasional background noise, I've tried to even the levels out as best I could.

On my needles and spinning wheel: I've been working on a bear for the Mother Bear Project, some Baker's Dozen Squares and my sock yarn blanket. I've also tried plying the Picperfec singles into a 4 ply and it's just what I want!



At Wonderwool I met up with guzzisue from the Spinnotts (click here for more info about them) and ambermoggie at the Ravelry Meet-up area. I also spotted Jess in the finger-crocheted hat (sorry, can't remember your Rav name!) teaching Angie and Penny how to spin:



I spotted more historic mill bobbins at The Threshing Barn and bought one.


I also bought some fibre from Freyalyn's Fibres and some felted jewellery making cupkits from Bryncurl Workshops.

I also saw some sheep! First some Shetlands...



... then a gorgeous Leicester Longwool...



...and finally some Manx Loaghtan (but I only photographed the ram, not the two ewes).



Music: Rondopolska by Barry Philips, from the album TrĂ¥d, available from Magnatune.

Feel free to leave a comment here or at http://www.yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com/, or email me at yarnsfromtheplain@googlemail.com. We have a Ravelry group here, so come on over to chat. You can find me on Ravelry as talesfromtheplain and on Twitter as talesfromplain (although Tweeting can be sporadic!).


TTFN, Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment