Yarns from the Plain


A podcast for knitters, crocheters and anyone else who loves playing with yarn!

Episodes can be downloaded from iTunes, directly from http://yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com or streamed using the widget below.

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Hello from a chilly Cheshire Plain. In this episode I talk about extra spinning, the joy of little hats and saggy knees. We have a listeners' map! Please go on over to pop in a pin - I'd love to see where you all are!

Giveaway: To win a Mayan Spinner from Crafts From The Dungeon, leave a comment here, on the show notes at the http://www.yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com/ site or over at the Ravelry group, finishing off this sentence: "I want to win a Mayan Spinner because..." Leave your comment by 24th November 2011.

On the Needles and the Bobbin: Apologies for the lack of pictures, but the decreased levels of light are thwarting me at the moment. I've made Tubey and Waltzer from Wee Woolly Toppers and a couple of Christmas Pudding Hats from Debbie Bliss's Kids Knits for Heads, Hands and Toes. I've spun extra yarn for my handspun Rainbow Liesl, which I will cast on soon. I've also been working on Woolsack cushions, but more on those next time.


Review: Big Girls Knits by Jill Moreno and Amy Singer

Tears: Remember this sweater? Well, it doesn't look like that any more... (photos to follow when I can bring myself too)

Links:
Woolly Wormhead;
Woolsack;
Fibre & Clay;

Music: Rondopolska by Barry Philips, from the album TrĂ¥d, available from Magnatune.


Feel free to leave a comment here or at http://www.yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com/, or email me at yarnsfromtheplain@googlemail.com. We have a Ravelry group here, so come on over to chat. You can find me on Ravelry as talesfromtheplain and on Twitter as talesfromplain (although Tweeting can be sporadic!).



TTFN, Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment