Yarns from the Plain


A podcast for knitters, crocheters and anyone else who loves playing with yarn!

Episodes can be downloaded from iTunes, directly from http://yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com or streamed using the widget below.

Monday 24 December 2012

Episode 61: Once Upon A Christmas On Northumberland Street

Hello from an incredibly cold and windy north East of England! This episode contains another small amount of knitting, a present fail situation and some windy audio from The Toon.

Knitting
After a few rows on the Mrs Beeton mitts, I left them behind (doh!) so am making slow progress on the Adrift cardigan, a beautiful Stolen Stitches design. Still no new photos on my Ravelry details, I’m afraid.

A Festive Postcard ...from Fenwick’s window.
The quality of the video isn't great since I took it on my phone, but I thought it would give you an idea. I have no idea how many places still do this, but I know that no store in Oxford, Manchester or Liverpool does anymore.


Music
Sans Day Carrol-Sussex Carol-Deck The Halls by James Edwards (Introduction) and Shchedrik – Carol of the Bells by Kitka (closing music) from The Magnatune Collection Christmas Music. Available to subscribers from Magnatune.


We have a listeners' map. lease go on over to pop in a pin - we're covering 5 continents now but I'd still love to see where you all are! Feel free to leave a comment here or at http://www.yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com/, or email me at yarnsfromtheplain AT googlemail DOT com. We have a Ravelry group here, so come on over to chat. You can find me on Ravelry as talesfromtheplain and on Twitter as talesfromplain (although Tweeting can be sporadic!).



TTFN

Nic x

No comments:

Post a Comment