Yarns from the Plain


A podcast for knitters, crocheters and anyone else who loves playing with yarn!

Episodes can be downloaded from iTunes, directly from http://yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com or streamed using the widget below.

Thursday 8 August 2013

Episode 74: Snatched Moments

Snatching a moment to speak to you all between filling a skip and trying to get on top of the ironing! This episode is accompanied by spinning on the Traddy.


On and Off the Needles and Hooks
I've cast on a Liesl in an early handspun, but not got very far with it. I've knit two cowls as a test knit for Knit.Spin.Cake (details here and here). I've also cast on another test knit, a sock with travelling cables (no Rav notes yet). I've also bought some Sublime merino DK in raspberry pink to crochet a Dorothy.

Spin It!
Currently I'm spinning a rainbow braid bought ages ago from Krafty Koala on the Joy and a large carded batt of grey Jacob from Shearer Girl Yarns.

Fibre East Goodies
In 67 minutes I got quite  lot! I bought yarns from the Knitting Goddess, fibre from Fluff'n'Stuff, LongdrawJames, Shearer Girl Yarns and the Wool Room, some throwsters' waste, some Knitpro Karbonz and some mill-soiled undyed sockyarn from Texere. I also bought a new spindle from Spin City UK.

Out and About
We went to Highclere Castle - great for Downton Abbey fans!

Something I Really Like
Podcasts - this episode I talk about a newer podcast, Stitched Together and an old favourite, CogKNITive.

Upcoming Events
Yarndale, 28-29th September 2013, Skipton;
Knitting and Stitching Show, 11-14th October 2013, Alexandra Palace;
Bakewell Wool Gathering, 19-20th October 2013, Bakewell.

Music
Rondopolska by Barry Philips, from the album TrĂ¥d, available from Magnatune.

Make Contact!
We have a listeners' map. Please go on over to pop in a pin - we're covering 5 continents now but I'd still love to see where you all are! Please feel free to leave a comment here or at http://www.yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com/, or email me at yarnsfromtheplain AT googlemail DOT com. We have a Ravelry group here, so come on over to chat. You can find me on Ravelry as talesfromtheplain and on Twitter as talesfromplain (although Tweeting can be sporadic!).

TTFN,
Nic x

No comments:

Post a Comment