Yarns from the Plain


A podcast for knitters, crocheters and anyone else who loves playing with yarn!

Episodes can be downloaded from iTunes, directly from http://yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com or streamed using the widget below.

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Episode 93: Advent

Hello from the Cheshire Plain. This episode was recorded on 30th November but unfortunately editing took a back seat to real life, so only got finished now.

On The Needles
As well as my Dorothy for WIPCrackAway, I've been working on the Mystery Hat from Woolly Wormhead. I think I may need to rip it out though as I suspect it is too small. :(


WIPCrackAway
Well done everyone! What a sterling effort from you all - 87 finished items! Prizewinners can choose from:


From Left to Right:
Green Eyed Monster GEM Alpaca Sock in The Green Green Grass
EasyKnits  Bamboo Merino Mix in Luau
Fyberspates Sparkly Silk & Silver SockYarn
Posh Yarn Lucia 70% merino 30% cashmere in Skip
Hazel Knits Artisan sock in 117 - Chuckanut Drive

I actually finished my Dorothy!



In The Weaving Shed

The Chelford/Mobberley scarf for my cousin's husband on the Ashford Samplit loom:

 
 
And the laceweight yarns I have dyed for my cousin's scarf.:
 
 

I'm still undecided!

Links
DT Crafts

Upcoming events
The FO&Dye podcast are hosting FOFest on the weekend of 16th & 17th  May 2015 in Exeter.

Music:
Intro music is Rondopolska by Barry Philips, from the album TrĂ¥d, final music is Shchedrik - Carol of the Bells by Kitka, from the Magnatune Compilation album Christmas Music, both available from Magnatune.

We have a listeners' map! Please go on over to pop in a pin - I'd love to see where you all are!

Feel free to leave a comment here or at http://www.yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com/, or email me at yarnsfromtheplain@googlemail.com. We have a Ravelry group here, so come on over to chat. You can find me on Ravelry as talesfromtheplain and on Twitter as @talesfromplain. My shop can be found here and the shop tweets as @yarnsfromplain.


TTFN,
Nic x

No comments:

Post a Comment