Yarns from the Plain


A podcast for knitters, crocheters and anyone else who loves playing with yarn!

Episodes can be downloaded from iTunes, directly from http://yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com or streamed using the widget below.

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Episode 25.2: Do-over

Hello from a sunny Cheshire Plain. Apologies for the long delay in re-recording this. Even now, I haven't quite worked out the new mic as I needed to swap to the hand-held recorder for the last part.
We have a listeners' map! Please go on over to pop in a pin - I'd love to see where you all are!

On my needles and spinning wheel: Between Episode 24 and the beginning of May, I finished two bears for the Mother Bear Project. I also plied more of the the Picperfec singles into a 4 ply with a view to making a Liesl.



Otto

Otto

Coco

Coco




Review: Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders, edited by Judith Durant, published by Storey Publishing.

Agricultural Shows: I'm gearing up for the Oxfordshire County and Thame Show on the 30th July. I also mention the following shows:

Wigtown Show: 3rd August
Bakewell Show: 3rd&4th August
Fishguard Show: 5th August
Cranleigh Show: 7th August
Sedgefield Show: 14th August
Gillingham & Shaftsbury Show: 17th August
Hawkshead Show: 23rd August
Poynton Show: 27th August
Bucks County Show: 1st September

A full events calendar can be found on the website of the Association of Agricultural Organisations.



Music: Rondopolska by Barry Philips, from the album TrĂ¥d, available from Magnatune.

Feel free to leave a comment here or at http://www.yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com/, or email me at yarnsfromtheplain@googlemail.com. We have a Ravelry group here, so come on over to chat. You can find me on Ravelry as talesfromtheplain and on Twitter as talesfromplain (although Tweeting can be sporadic!).





TTFN, Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment